We are back with another post on self-care rituals. This time it is all about our nighttime routine and how having one can help us reap benefits forever. Some of us may not be all of us are already following some nighttime routine. Having a nighttime routine has lots of benefits:
- It helps with better sleep
- You wake up the next day energised and ready to own the day
- Life feels more organised
- Good for overall health
Our daytime routine starts the night before. Before we get into it, we would like to point out that these are just some suggestions from our side. We aim to help you and not overwhelm you. We strongly recommend starting with one of the habits and slowly adding layers of other habits as the weeks' progress. Trying to do everything at once may not help and will not be sustainable in the long term. There is no need to do everything mentioned in the below list. You can take a couple of snippets, add some from your habits and create your night routine.
Now without further ado, let us get into it. Check out some of our suggestions for an ideal nighttime routine in no particular order:
- To-Do list - Prepare a To-Do list for the next day. As you end your day, you have more clarity on the work completed. Preparing the To-Do list the night before gives a great head start to the new day rather than feeling lost on what to do. Writing down the Top 3 things to be done the following day is a great start.
- Lighting - As the evening progresses, it is a good idea to have dim lighting as it helps the body to get into a sleep zone.
- Sound therapy - Playing soothing sounds in the background helps to soothe the mind and calm the nerves. Check out our suggestion on Spotify.
- Aromatherapy - Incense sticks or room sprays help with good sleep. Some of the fragrances that help with better sleep are Lavender and Chamomile.
- Skincare - Night-time skincare can be a big lifesaver in the long run. It is because you get 8 hours of sleep. Hence, all the products will help and work on your skin without trouble. For an ideal nighttime skincare routine, wash your face, and scrub your lips once or twice a week. Follow it up with applying our all-natural Coffee Night Cream and Natural Peppermint Lip Balm. Apply our Natural Frankincense Nail Balm to your hands and feet. You can check out our Night care combo here.
- Journal - Journaling has been proven to be a great way to account for how the day went. It helps relieves stress and anxiety. You can journal about anything. If you have no idea where to start, we strongly recommend Gratitude Journaling which means making a list of things we are grateful for or something nice that happened during the day. Check out our post on Gratitude here.
- Reading - Reading in place of scrolling through the phone before sleep is a better idea. Reading for even 10 minutes can be beneficial. It may help avoid nightmares if it is the last thing we do before we doze off to sleep. It also helps to learn about new things and new topics. It is a good tool for personal development.
- Avoid laptop/screen an hour before bed
- Avoid watching thriller/horror movies before sleep
- Wear comfortable clothes
- Use Satin pillowcases
- Keep a glass of water
We hope this article helped guide you on where to start when it comes to a nighttime routine. Please do let us know what you feel about it.
We are curious! Do you have any daily self-care rituals you follow? We would love to know all about it. Do write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please also follow our Youtube Channel in which we share the benefits and how-to-use of our products - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpu7XMq4Sb1UDGhR8Uj-HZA